Habitat for Humanity Coshocton County
Working with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director leads Habitat for Humanity of Coshocton by developing and implementing a Strategic Vision and operational plan that integrates the work of staff, committees and volunteers into a coherent, consistent and effective program of advocacy, construction, financing and family support resulting in successful homeownership for participant families.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director will be responsible for managing the daily operations and will successfully administer the goals and objectives of the Board approved Strategic Plan, working under the authority of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director must be able to work in a multi-tasking environment, managing all aspects of Habitat including land acquisition, fundraising, construction, overseeing staff, the Habitat ReStore, family services and real estate closings. The Director is responsible for all financial operations and legal aspects of the daily organizational management of Habitat Coshocton in accordance with standard nonprofit business practices. The director must be an experienced leader, strategic-thinker, proven manager and committed to the mission of Habitat for Humanity of Coshocton as a Christian organization, maintaining a positive image for the organization.
I. Key Responsibilities:
Strategic Organizational Development
- Oversee execution of Habitat for Humanity of Coshocton with appropriate reviews and revisions as approved by the Board.
- Propose goals and strategies within Habitat for Humanity of Coshocton's Mission for sustained growth of the affiliate.
- Oversee and ensure profitable and efficient operation of the ReStore
- Oversee construction schedule ensuring projects are within budget and that grant requirements and deadlines are being met on construction site.
Financial, Management and Administration
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for the annual budget and report to the Board regularly in order to build a strong financial model for the future.
- Ensure fiscal and legal accountability for programs and related funding.
- Negotiate on behalf of the agency with external resources including governments and private business.
Program Development and Management
- Continuously monitor and report on committee progress toward operational goals, land acquisition, family selection and support, construction, volunteers and the management of the ReStore.
- Identify and cultivate partner organizations.
- Develop and maintain current policy and procedure manual; revise as needed.
- Ensure that the staff is trained in the philosophy of Habitat for Humanity and in non-discriminatory work practices.
- Ensure volunteers are continuously recruited, trained and given meaningful, compelling roles within all aspects of the organization.
- Oversight, development and support of fundraising efforts to ensure organization's long term sustainability.
- Assist the Development Committee in developing potential fund sources, both public and private.
- Provide leadership in developing fund raising plans with volunteers and the Board in order to expand and diversify funding sources..
- Grant research and grant writing
- Responsible for all grant requirements and reporting.
Board Relations and Communications
- Responsible for maintaining and promoting the vision and mission of Habitat for Humanity of Coshocton and in achieving goals and objectives of the Strategic Plan; initiate and assist in recommending and developing policies and setting priorities.
- Keep the Board and Board President fully informed on the financial condition of Habitat for Humanity of Coshocton and other important factors affecting the sustainability of the organization.
- Create opportunities for high engagement of each Board member.
- Work with the Board President to ensure effective and efficient Board committee structure and operation. Serve as staff liaison to Board committees as appropriate.
- Assist the Board President in planning the agenda and materials for the Board meetings, Committee meetings and Board strategic planning sessions.
Public Relations and Communications
- Develop and execute communications/PR plan consistent with Habitat for Humanity of Coshocton's Strategic Plan.
- Develop effective working relationships with public and private agencies concerned with affordable housing.
- Design ways to bring Habitat for Humanity of Coshocton's message to the community, with emphasis on motivating businesses, churches, community organizations, and civic leadership.
- Ability to speak in front of large groups of people.
II. Requirements Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience and knowledge of accounting and financial analysis.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Possess demonstrative computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and experience with data base software.
- Experience and strong ability to work with and support the Board.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of community leaders, volunteers, and donors.
- Position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week in addition to some weekend and evening hours.
III. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years equivalent experience in senior level administrative management and supervisory experience.
- Strong administrative and communication skills, able to multi-task.
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning, board development, donor cultivation, grant writing and fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience in soliciting major gifts from donors, foundations, and corporate sponsors.
- Nonprofit experience and real estate background a plus.
- Two weeks paid vacation after one year of employment. The scheduling of the vacation time must be approved by the Board in advance.
- Three paid personal days per year.
- Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, the 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Jandi Adams:
Fax: 740-623-0770 (Attention Jandi Adams)
Ohio Means Jobs – Coshocton County
Jandi Adams, Business Representative
725 Pine Street, Coshocton, OH 43812
Deadline for submission is end of business Wednesday, December 18, 2013